Over Three Decades of Dental Care
Locally owned and family operated Leonard A. Russell, DDS INC is committed to taking care of patients of all ages from children to seniors! Dr. Russell has 33 years of experience
in all phases of dentistry
from general cleanings to dentures.
Replace Missing Teeth With Dentures
When you're older, dentures are often something that you may need to think about investing in. They're a replacement for missing teeth and the device can be removed and placed back into your mouth as you please. Depending on your case, you can get full or partial dentures.
- Conventional full dentures: All teeth are removed and your mouth is given time to heal before dentures are placed. Can take a few months.
- Immediate full dentures: Prior to teeth removal, Dr. Russell will take measurements and have dentures fitted to your mouth. After removal, dentures are immediately placed in your mouth. A follow-up visit is needed as jawbone will adjust as mouth heals. Dentures will need to be tightened after your jaw has healed.
- Partial dentures: When not all your teeth need to be removed, this is an option. It's similar to a bridge, but isn't a permanent fixture.
Tips for Caring for Your Dentures
After the dentures are placed in your mouth, th
ey may take time to get used to - how they feel, what eating is like, the way you speak, etc. You'll eventually get used to them as your mouth is re-trained.
Although dentures are not real teeth, it's still important that you care for them like they are. Brushing them to remove plaque and loose food is important. After removing them, immediately place them in room temperature water or a denture cleaning solution. Do not use hot water as it can warp them. If they need adjusting, please contact us to schedule an appointment.
Full and Partial Dentures
- Complimentary consultation and second opinion
- Traditional dentures and mini implants
- Partial dentures